The purpose of HR is not simply to ‘do HR’ but to build the capability of the organisation to deliver its strategy and create value. Building this capability as an HR Director requires a blend of technical HR, business and interpersonal skills.
This programme takes a business-centric approach to enhance your understanding of how HR delivers value. It will improve your capability in planning, implementing and evaluating HR initiatives and support you in managing key organisational relationships. You will develop the skills to drive conversations that go beyond ‘what do you want HR to do?’ to ‘how HR can best deliver value to you’.
Benefits of Attending
Becoming an Effective HRD will focus on the high-level behaviours and skills that CRF’s research has identified successful HR Directors have and display. Building on your technical competence, the programme will increase the impact you have on organisational performance. It will provide practical tools covering key concepts including:
- A deep understanding of value creation – how HR can create sustainable value, balancing the short-term needs of shareholders with the long-term needs of a broader set of stakeholders
- Applying your understanding of HR theory and practice to commercial and strategic imperatives, creating credibility within the business
- When, where and how to use evidence in decision making versus relying on ‘gut instinct’ alone
- Understanding the importance of delivering HR’s foundations efficiently and flexibly
- Ensuring managers and leaders take their responsibility seriously
- Bringing fresh new thinking from the outside world into your organisation
- Measuring what we do against business outcomes, not against HR activity
- Being ‘politically savvy’ to deliver initiatives in complex and ambiguous organisations
- Creating integrity and balance in all aspects of the role
You will develop your capability to plan, implement and evaluate HR initiatives, alongside your strategic and commercial thinking to increase your personal impact as part of the leadership team.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will typically be the Head of an HR Centre of Excellence / Expertise, Head of an HR Shared Services Operation or a Senior HR Business Partner. You should be aspiring to your first HR Director role, be new in position as HR Director or be looking to significantly increase your effectiveness and business impact as an existing HR Director.
The cost of the programme is £1,800 (+VAT) for CRF members and £3,600 (+VAT) for non-members.
- Module One: 7 – 8 June (online)
- Module Two: 16 July (Central London)
Director, CRF Learning
Nick Holley as Director of CRF Learning has responsibility to provide development for HR teams and senior professionals. Prior to joining CRF, Nick spent 10 years at Henley Business School where he was a visiting professor and Director of the Centre for HR Excellence. He has developed and delivered HR capability programmes for organisations across the UK and Europe, and internationally.