Future Insight: Responding To Trends, Threats and Opportunities
22 January 2020
14:00 – 18:00 (followed by drinks)
Clothworkers Hall, London
This event and the accompanying report will explore why organisations are so poor at spotting what is happening in front of their eyes, and how we can help our organisations avoid the vicious cycle of creative destruction. We will seek to answer the following questions:
- • What organisational mechanisms are required to scan the environment in a structured way?
- • How can we build capacity to detect weak signals, and most importantly to take actions today to prepare for different outcomes and experiment with alternative solutions?
- • What leadership capabilities do we need to improve our capacity to anticipate the future and act on it?
- • What are the elements of an organisational culture where people feel they can speak up about what they see and how to respond?
- • How can we build agility and flexibility in the right places, so we are controlled and ‘tight’ where it’s essential, while remaining ‘loose’ where necessary?
Interactive and challenging, this masterclass led by Margaret Heffernan gets to the heart of organisational performance and the need for constant scanning and future-proofing.