Leadership Development – is it fit for purpose?
13 May 2015
Plaisterers' Hall, One London Wall, London EC2Y 5JU
This event will explore latest thinking in terms of what works, under what circumstances and how leadership development needs to evolve to meet the needs of organisations.
Who is it for?
Senior leadership and talent practitioners and HR leaders who want to improve the effectiveness of their investments in leadership development.
We will explore latest thinking in terms of what works, under what circumstances and how leadership development needs to evolve to meet the needs of organisations.
The event will consider a wide range of issues.
• Are our definitions of leadership adequate? Do they reflect the requirements of different organisational contexts? Do we differentiate sufficiently between leadership and management?
• What models, frameworks and concepts are available and how effective are they?
• What do business leaders expect of leadership development? How will leadership development practice need to evolve to meet the needs of future organisations?
• What do we know about how adults learn, and are leadership development activities designed to make best use of this knowledge?
• What leadership development techniques are most effective and why? What is the evidence that they are effective and what are the emerging trends?
This research builds on a leadership roundtable in March 2014, where we sought the views of senior practitioners on the state of leadership – and leadership development – today, and established the issues to be investigated further in this research.
If you are not a member but are interested in attending this event please contact Lynn Little on 020 7470 7104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.