February 26th 2016
Identifying Critical Roles, Easier Said than Done!
Role differentiation constitutes the essence of developing an effective workforce strategy, starting with the identification of critical roles. However, definitions of what makes critical roles sometimes lack rigour and are not always well defined. Therefore, the identification of critical roles is easier said than done.
This white paper considers common traps and limitations in identifying critical roles, attempts to define best practice approach and provide a model that HR professionals can work with when defining critical roles in the organisation. Topics covered include:
• The business case for identifying critical roles
• Critical role traps and considerations
• Presenting a best practice model and approach to identifying critical roles
• Calculating the cost of turnover in critical roles
• Case studies outlining the consequences of failing to identify critical roles