Talent, Leadership and Learning
A community for senior talent, learning and leadership professionals with responsibility for the attraction, development and retention of talent in the organisationJoin Community
Conference: Building and Sustaining Great Organisations
CRF Community Event – Talent, Leadership & Learning
CRF Learning: Integrated Talent Management
RECENT MEMBER QUERIES
From British financial services firm
CRF’s response: CRF hosted a number of sessions looking at leadership in disruptive times:
– Developing Adaptive Leadership for Times of Crisis and Beyond – CRF’s Research Director Gillian Pillans hosted metaBeratung’s Nicole Neubauer and JTI’s Anna Kerechashvili in discussion about the leadership implications of rapid change.
– Effective Leadership Development in Disruptive Times – This meeting included two interesting case studies from FS organisations. Dr Amelie Villeneuve, Global Head of Innovation and Transformation for Talent at UBS, and Vicky Smith, Head of Learning and Development at Brewin Dolphin talked about their approach to leadership in the crisis.
At CRF’s Digital Conference, Jennifer Jordan lead a session on Leading in a Virtual World which discussed what leaders can do to ensure team members are working together effectively in a virtual workplace.
We also connected this member with contacts at IMD Business School to have an informal discussion.
From multinational energy and resources company
CRF’s Response: CRF were able to curate resources to explore these topics:
– Short Paper: OD Manifesto – The need for business-focused, expert Organisation Development (OD) capability has arguably never been greater. Our view is that a new, refined, reinvigorated OD is called for and we have created this OD Manifesto as a prompt for debate, discussion and – most importantly – action.
– Research Report: Rethinking Talent Management – This research report draws upon international good practice, including work of leading academics, specialist consultants and experienced practitioners. It provides practical recommendations and methodologies for improvement of talent management.
– Podcast: Developing Talent Acquisition Strategies to Win the War for Talent with Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic – In conversation with Professor Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, we discuss the latest technology and trends in resourcing and explore how talent practitioners can make better hiring decisions.
– Research Report: Resourcing: How’s HR’s core competence evolving? – Despite rapid change in the resourcing field, the factors that underpin effective recruitment (such as having a well-defined recruitment process, a robust evidence-driven selection process, and a strong employer brand) remain constant. This report provides examples and practical recommendations for improving your resourcing strategy to attract individuals with core technical skills.
– Post Meeting Notes: Talent Management: Careers, Development And Succession In A Changing Landscape – Experts explore how organisations are rethinking their approaches to talent and career development in light of changing expectations around careers. Specifically, how to support career development and critical skills, re-skilling the workforce and practical steps to ensure career planning is intrinsically linked to talent.
– Research Report: Developing and Broadening Specialists – The report outlines successful approaches for specialists, and their employers, to manage transitions to leadership.
Would CRF be able to suggest some specific online content that could supplement the other learning we are providing? Anything around the importance of career development conversations.
From a British retail & consumer goods business
CRF’s Response: CRF Research Report Talent – Careers, Development and Succession in a Changing Landscape looks at how activities around talent and careers need to focus on developing the future capabilities required to build and transform the business and execute new strategies. Specifically, it explores what is driving the evolution in careers, development and succession; and how we can develop an integrated system for career development.
We connected the member with Gillian Pillans, CRF’s Research Director, for a session to explore the above research in the context of their business needs.
Post Meeting Notes: Better Conversations – Why they matter and How to Have them with Wanda Wallace – In this webinar, Wanda Wallace explores what makes great conversations, how we can best prepare for important discussions and how to deal with difficult ones. She also explains the various mental models and thoughts, and how we can learn to adapt to others’ styles.
Mind Tools has a number of resources to support this process:
– Career Management
– Performance Management
Expert Advisory Practice
Ask us a question to access curated resources and be connected to experts and peers
In a constantly changing business context, talent and careers are high on the agenda for business and HR leaders alike. Activities around talent and careers need to focus on developing the future capabilities required to build and transform the business and execute new strategies. In this research report, sponsored by APS and SD Worx, we explore the following: What […]
Community Charter – Talent, Leadership and Learning
Research Report: Digital Disruption – Exploring the Implications for Leaders & Leadership Development
Research Report: Rethinking Talent Management
Research Report: Assessing Potential
How has the pandemic impacted talent management?
Summary Notes: Talent, Leadership and Learning (9 July)
Summary Notes: Talent, Leadership and Learning (1 July)
Summary Notes: Talent, Leadership and Learning Community – Peer Exchange Forum (21 April)
Learning Health Check
The most comprehensive review on the global L&D market. Based on robust evidence and the only free, independent and confidential benchmark available to learning and development professionals.