May 8th 2015
Leadership Development – Is It Fit for Purpose?
This CRF research has been a year-long project, kicking off with an event in March 2014. This explored the issues our members face in developing leaders and framed the research brief for this project.
Topics covered in this research report on leadership development include:
• The current context of leadership development within organisations
• Reviewing current practices in leadership development
• The impact of global competition on leaders and their development
• Evolving styles of leadership for a new organisational era
• Connecting leadership development with business strategy
• Designing leadership development activity using the latest learning practices
• The responsibility of line managers in leadership development
• The limitations of some leadership competency models
• Critical development events for forming leadership skills
• Effective evaluation of leadership development activity outcomes
Here, you can download and view the report on leadership development. The full report is accessible for CRF members only. If you are not a member and are interested in discussing membership, please contact Richard Hargreaves on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restricted access - You must be a logged in member to view this
This resource is available to CRF members only. To access, please log in with your username and password. If you are not a member of the CRF network and are interested in membership please contact Richard Hargreaves, Commercial Director, on +44 (0) 20 3457 2640 or at email@example.com.
You May Also be Interested in
May 22nd 2017
Leading at the Edge (Workshop Presentations)
This slide deck contains all presentations from CRF's workshop with George Kohlrieser - Leading at the Edge - held on 23 & 24 May 2017. Download them now to learn more about effective leadership.View Presentation
February 14th 2013
Developing Great Leadership - Interview with Dr. Stephen Bungay, Ashridge
Following our Developing Great Leadership meeting, Dr. Stephen Bungay, Director at Ashridge Strategic Management Centre, identifies the key elements for effective learning development programmes and discusses how you can you improve a person’s leadership capabilities.Watch Video
June 10th 2011
Building Future Leadership – delivering seamless career development and succession planning, BT Group
A look at BT’s talent pool structure and progression into leadership roles, concluding with discussion around challenges and future developments.Read Case Study
November 26th 2010
Leadership Development - introductory slides
This presentation contains the Introductory slides to our event, Leadership development - where's the edge? It includes document references for further reading.View Presentation
May 19th 2015
Beyond the Cult of the Leader: The Tasks of the Executive in the 21st Century
Stephen Bungay explores the Executive Trinity model which argues that leaders need three distinct skills: directing, leadership and management.View Presentation