Better Conversations: Why They Matter And How To Have Them
19 - 20 February 2020
Day 1: 09:00 - 17:00 Day 2: 09:00 - 16:00
Culture is discovered in conversation, innovation is sparked or throttled and collaboration results from conversation. Yet all too often the most difficult conversations are avoided, and what should be said goes unsaid. Better conversations are therefore a worthy, performance-improving goal.
This practical workshop will enable participants to:
- • Understand the importance, nature and structure of effective conversations.
- • Through self-assessment, gain insight into their conversational style and preferences, learn how these create challenges for work relationships and explore and practise tactics for improving conversations.
- • Consider defensiveness, motivation, and honesty in conversations, understand their importance and impact on increasing or decreasing trust.
- • What leadership capabilities do we need to improve our capacity to anticipate the future and act on it?
- • Structure conversations better to align the goals of those with differing motives.
- • Practice applying the principles to challenging conversations.
This two-day workshop, led by Wanda Wallace in a collaborative environment of fellow professionals, provides an opportunity for constructive self-assessment to change behaviours to improve effectiveness.