HRBP Business Catalyst Pre-Work
To be completed by the programme dates.
The pre-work consists of four tasks:
Read the CRF HR Manifesto.
Read the Arrivederci Case Study.
A key driver for the programme is to make an impact not just on your skills but also on overall business performance. Thus, we request that you schedule some time with your functional HR boss and the manager of the business unit you support to agree your learning objectives for the programme based on both your personal development needs and the organisational and HR functional challenges.
Typical outcomes from this three-way conversation with your functional boss and line business partner might be:
- A link between what you need to learn and your personal goals but also a link to the goals of your colleagues in HR such as Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits or your admin team.
- Changes in behaviour that your line business partner would value i.e. more challenge, better coaching etc.
- Challenges that your business and the HR function is facing and how you can contribute more personally to addressing them. This needs to go beyond simply repeating your objectives for the year.
Please send this as a word document or email prior to the programme to Katie Shortall
We will ask you to discuss your learning and what you plan to apply following the programme.
The Strategic HR Framework is a model that we will use throughout the programme.
We will study all the elements of this framework, but we would ask you to do some analysis of the first part, ‘Inputs’ prior to your arrival:
- What are your business imperatives? (Not just HR imperatives)
- Who are your internal customers?
- What is your internal climate?
- What is the external environment?
- What resources are available?
- What is your internal capability?
In each case there are some suggested more detailed questions to guide you. You will not be asked to present this formally but it will be important context for the exercises we will carry out over the two days.