June 28th 2018
Resourcing – How HR’s Core Competence is Evolving
The world of resourcing is rapidly evolving, with technology innovation, social media and shifting candidate expectations leading to new methods for attracting and assessing candidates. Despite rapid change in the resourcing field, the factors that underpin effective recruitment - having a strategy and well defined recruitment process, being clear about individual performance metrics, having robust evidence-driven selection processes, and a strong employer brand, remain constant.
This CRF report provides examples and practical recommendations for improving your resourcing strategy and tactics.:
- Key factors influencing recruitment strategies in organisations today, like ‘death of loyalty’, rise in self-employment and entrepreneurship, and the rise of the passive job seeker
- Power law distribution and its importance for recruitment profession
- How to connect business strategy with resourcing strategy to deliver business results - CRF Strategic Resourcing Model
- Job analysis - identifying the factors that determine success in a given role and subsequent assessment and selection requirements
- Employer branding - why it is important and examples of its use for candidate attraction
- How the use of emerging technology, like artificial intelligence (AI), bots and social media, is shaping candidate experience
- The science of selection and assessment - what skills and characteristics to assess and a high-validity assessment methods
- How to improve the practice of resourcing in your organisation.
The research report is available to CRF members only. To access the report, please log in with your username and password. If you are not a member of the CRF network, you can still access the executive summary of the report.
Those interested in learning more about the employer brand can access our supplementary report - The Evolution of the Employer Brand.
If you are short on time, our Speed Read, which offers a summary of key topics discussed in the report, can be accessed here.
Restricted access - You must be a logged in member to view this
This resource is available to CRF members only. To access, please log in with your username and password. If you are not a member of the CRF network and are interested in membership please contact Richard Hargreaves, Commercial Director, on +44 (0) 20 3457 2640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You May Also be Interested in
June 28th 2018
The Evolution of the Employer Brand
How strong is your employer brand? Having a strong employer brand is essential for recruiting and retaining the best talent to your organisation. For your candidates, it can be the differentiator between your organisation and your closest competitor. Access this supplemental report to learn about the history of employer branding, how it is transforming, and key strategies for achieving a strong employer brand to improve your employee attraction and retention.View Research
February 29th 2016
Organisations have been assessing potential with varying degrees of success for many years. Yet in our recent research report only 47% of 224 respondents felt that they were somewhat or very satisfied with their evaluations. Our research draws on international good practice and has embraced leading academics, expert consultants and experienced practitioners in an attempt to provide practical improvement methodologies for assessing potential.View Research
June 22nd 2016
Executive Summary: Rethinking Talent Management
For most CEOs, ‘talent’ is at or near the top of their priority list. Yet in our recent survey of over 230 organisations, only 17% of respondents rated their organisation as effective in predicting and planning future talent needs. This research report draws upon international good practice and provides practical recommendations and methodologies for improvement of talent management within organisations.Read Executive Summary